Experience & Results
As attorneys who view our clients' interests as our foremost concern, our firm is proud of the positive outcomes achieved for our clients.
Swerdloff & Swerdloff has represented survivors of sexual abuse in claims against abusers and institutions that failed to protect victims.
Although our results neither predict nor assure the outcome of your particular case, a few examples of our successful litigation of child sexual abuse cases are:
- As a result of Attorney Mark Swerdloff's professional and vigorous representation in a complex case, the victim was awarded a judgment of $12.5 million dollars which was, at that time, the largest judgment ever awarded in such a case in the state of Connecticut.
Swerdloff successfully caused the perpetrator to lose real estate, money and vehicles.
- We represented the interests of a young girl who was sexually abused by her grandfather. The case resulted in the abuser losing his house to our client who was able to sell this asset for compensation.
- We represented the interests of another young girl who was sexually abused by her grandfather. As a result of our representation, the abuser lost all of his assets to our client.
- Our representation of a local private school student, who had been abused by her athletic coach, resulted in a six-figure settlement.
- We represented the interests of a woman who was sexually abused by a neighbor and whose first lawyer committed malpractice by not aggressively pursuing the claim. We were able to obtain a significant settlement for the victim from the lawyer.
- We represented the interests of a man who was one of several young boys who were sexually abused by the manager of a local bowling alley. The case was mediated and resulted in a very satisfactory result for our client.
- Our representation of a child sex abuse survivor who was abused at a major Hartford, Connecticut hospital resulted in a significant settlement.